Calling East Town Properties
Have a wall that needs some pizzazz? Milwaukee Downtown, BID #21 and East Town Association are issuing a "call for walls" for downtown's next mural project. The goal is to identify a site or sites in downtown's East Town neighborhood by the close of Q1 of 2020. Once the site is selected, a public request for qualifications (RFQ) will be issued for local, national and international artists to submit their ideas for the mural, which is tentatively slated for a summer 2020 installation.
Criteria for Walls
A wall(s) that best meets the following criteria will be selected for the project:
- Wall is located within the geographic boundaries of East Town (north: Ogden Ave., east: Lincoln Memorial Drive, south: Clybourn St., west: RiverWalk)
- Proposed mural site enhances the pedestrian experience and enlivens the public realm 24-hours per day
- Wall has clear site lines, unobstructed from buildings, trees and billboards
- Wall has few apertures (windows and doors) and is already painted
- Walls can span upwards of 5,000 sq. ft.