Friday, September 15, 2017 I 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
On Friday, September 15, parking spaces around the globe will be temporarily reclaimed for people. In downtown Milwaukee, 12 metered spaces will be transformed into new territories for creative experimentation, activation, socializing and play. Pull up a seat and join us!
PARK(ing) Day was founded by Rebar, a San Francisco art and design studio, in 2005 to raise awareness of the need for green spaces in urban environments.
Programming and entertainment subject to change.
THANK YOU TO OUR LANDSCAPE PARTNER: KUJAWA ENTERPRISES, INC.
Click here for an interactive map featuring this year's locations!
2017 Locations & Partners
735 N. Water Street
- Activity: Bean bag tournament
- Lunchtime Entertainment: Roxie Beane, 12:00 - 1:00 PM (Acoustic Funk Rock)
306 E. Wisconsin Avenue
- Activity: Espresso for purchase and expanded cafe seating
- Lunchtime Entertainment: Jerry Wietzer, 12:00 - 1:00 PM (Jazz Pianist)
825 N. Jefferson Street
- Activity: Pop-up wedding experience and cupcake samples
- Lunchtime Entertainment: Ian Gould, 12:00 - 1:00 PM (Acoustic Irish Folk)
214 W. Wisconsin Avenue
- Activity: Transport yourself to 1946, via historical photo booth, to attend the world premiere of “Two Guys From Milwaukee” at the Grand Warner Theatre! While waiting for your turn in our time machine, enjoy a virtual reality tour of the current theater interior.
- Lunchtime Entertainment: Sweet Sheiks, 12:00 - 1:00 PM (Dixieland/Jazz)
5th Street and Wisconsin Avenue
- Activity: Giant Connect 4 and seating
- Lunchtime Entertainment: Derek Sallmann, 12:00 - 1:00 PM (Acoustic Singer/Songwriter)
814 W. Wisconsin Avenue
- Activity: Reading Room designed by Quorum Architects; coffee for purchase from Craft Culture; pop-up retail by Friends of the Milwaukee Public Library
- Lunchtime Entertainment: “A View of Central Library from the Street: Fun Facts” by Dawn Lauber, MPL Area Manager, and poet Destinny Fletcher, 11:30 AM - 1:00 PM (Poet/Spoken Word Artist)
In partnership with Quorum Architects, Friends of the Milwaukee Public Library, Cafe Deco and Craft Culture Coffee
Activity: Giant Connect 4, Yardzee, and outdoor games presented by Westown Association; Coffee and seating presented by Brunch
- Lunchtime Entertainment: Ethan Keller, 12:00 - 1:00 PM (Acoustic Singer/Songwriter)
In partnership with Westown Association
Old World 3rd Street and Wisconsin Avenue
- Activity: Bowling alley, coffee for purchase from Pilcrow Coffee, lounge seating
- Lunchtime Entertainment: Wes Tank, 12:00 - 1:00 PM (Rap)
In partnership with Pilcrow Coffee
400 E. Mason Street
- Activity: Games and swag
- Public Conference Room: Reservations are available for the outdoor meeting space designed by Rinka I Chung. Space accommodates up to 4 people. Click here for more information.
- Lunchtime Entertainment: Mathew Haeffel, 12:00 - 1:00 PM (Jazz/Funk)
326 E. Mason Street
- Activity: Pop-up retail
- Lunchtime Entertainment: Jim Madritsch, 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM (Jazz Guitar)
1007 N. Old World Third Street
- Activity: Expanded cafe seating
- Lunchtime Entertainment: Joe Wray, 12:00 - 1:00 PM (Acoustic Singer/Songwriter)
INTERESTED IN JOINING THE PARK(ING) DAY MOVEMENT?
Contact Matt Dorner, Economic Development Director, for 2017 partnership and activation opportunities.